Terms & Conditions
Award Entry Terms & Conditions
By submitting an application the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- A registration fee of $90 +GST (TIA member) or $150 +GST (non-TIA member) is applicable for each award category (excluding the Sir Jack Newman Award) the Entrant has selects to enter.
- The registration fee is non-refundable and should be paid by 16 June 2017. Failure to pay the full amount by this date will result in the entry being removed.
- Entrants must complete an online entry registration, selecting all of the awards that they wish to enter.
- Payment by credit card is required at the time the registration form is being completed. If you’d like to pay by invoice, please email us to discuss.
- Entrants applying to enter more than one category must complete a separate submission form for each category.
- With the exception of the Sir Jack Newman Award, you can only enter your own organisation, yourself or an employee.
- Entry for the Sir Jack Newman Award is by nomination only, which should be emailed to TIA.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Previous Award winners can enter the New Zealand Tourism Awards.
- Current employees of the Tourism Industry Aotearoa cannot enter the awards.
- Judges cannot enter or be nominated in any category.
- All finalists and winners agree to media coverage.
- All entry information is held on a commercial-in-confidence basis. No entry information will be shared or distributed to third parties (with the exception of the judging panel).
- Entrant’s contact details may be provided to the Awards sponsors and Tourism Industry Aotearoa Strategic Partners.
- TIA reserves the right to cancel the awards programme or individual award categories within the programme.
- The entrant (individual or organisation) confirms that they are not under investigation by any New Zealand or international statutory body (for example Accident Compensation Corporation, New Zealand Police, Health and Disability Commission, Inland Revenue Department, Immigration, WorkSafe NZ or other). If this is to be found untrue, it will result in the entrant being removed from the category listing.
Award Dinner Terms & Conditions
By completing a ticket registration purchase you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Ticket Purchase – Completing the online ticket purchase implies that the company will attend and will pay the registration fee prior to the commencement of the Awards Dinner.
- Ticket Purchase Acceptance – Consideration and acceptance of your registration to participate at the Event is at the sole discretion of TIA. TIA is under no obligation to provide you with any reasons for their acceptance or rejection of your application to attend.
- Ticket Purchase Fee – The Ticket Purchase Fee is due and payable in full within 30 days of issue of an invoice by TIA, and in any case no later than 15 business days prior to the Event. See Early bird Entitlement to ensure entitlement of early bird rate.
- GST – Participants agree to pay all applicable GST in connection with the event as provided for on the event website, or as otherwise notified by TIA.
- Other costs – You are responsible for all your costs associated with the Event including, without limitation, travel and accommodation costs. TIA will not be responsible for any costs or disbursements that you incur as a result of your ticket purchase.
- Cancellation Policy – All cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellation fees apply regardless of whether the participation fee has been paid and need to be paid within 10 working days of cancellation being made.TIA welcomes a substitute attendee if the original attendee is unable to attend the event by notifying TIA prior to the commencement of the event. A full refund of the ticket purchase fee will be made if a cancellation is received in writing at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the event. No full or part refund will be payable where there is less than 10 working days’ notice before the commencement of the event.
- Event Changes or Cancellation – TIA reserves the right to make alterations, reschedule or cancel events where circumstances are beyond its control. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled by TIA, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate. In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the event is being postponed or the dates being changed, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate. If by re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the organisers shall remain in force and will be subject to the TIA cancellation schedule.
- Health & Safety – Attendees will adhere to all fire, health and safety regulations which affect the Event. All events are a smoke-free events.
- Special Dietary/Physical Requirements – Will only be catered for if requested one week prior to the event. Please indicate any special requirements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specifications.
- Image Release – In registering for TIA events, delegates grant permission to TIA, its agents and others working under its authority, to take and to have full and free use of video/photographs containing their image/likeness. It is understood these images may be used for promotional, news, on-line/multimedia, research and/or educational purposes by and for TIA. Delegates agree that they are not entitled to remuneration, residuals, royalties or any other payment from TIA in respect of their image/likeness or its use. Delegates release, discharge, and hold harmless, TIA and its agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions that they may hereafter have by reason of anything contained in the photographs or video. Should a delegate not agree to the above image release, they must advise TIA by contacting email@example.com.
- Promotional material – It is not permitted for delegates to distribute or display promotional materials at the Event without prior consent from TIA.
- Compliance with law – You will ensure that you, and each of your employees, contractors and representatives, comply with all applicable New Zealand law at all times during your participation in the Event.
- Governing law – These terms and conditions shall be governed by New Zealand law and the courts of New Zealand shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all issues which may arise under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- Privacy – TIA may collect personal information from you (such as your name, home/business address and email) for the purpose of facilitating your participation in the Event, and for event management. It may be provided to other event related organisations or entities (such as other event participants, event sponsors / partners and event contractors) for the purpose of event management or TIA may use it to contact you in the future for purposes relating to the Event. If you wish to opt out of your information being shared with event sponsors then you must advise us by email.
- Insurance – It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at TIA events. TIA cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
16 JUNE 2017
Step One - Entries Close*
Complete your entry
form by this date
20 JUNE 2017
Step Two- Submissions Close
Complete your submission form
7 SEPTEMBER 2017
NZ Tourism Awards Dinner
Air Force Museum, Christchurch
*Please note you must enter the awards by 16 June. At this stage you will select the awards you wish to enter and make payment. Late entries will not accepted.