How to Enter
We have a simple two-step entry and submission process.
Complete the online application form by 8 July 2016 to register your interest and state which award categories you wish to enter.
- TIA members – a non-refundable administration fee of $90 (+GST) per award applies.
- Non TIA members – a fee of $150 (+GST) applies.
- All applications need to be completed using the online entry form.
- Payment by credit card is required at the time of entry, so please have these details handy when you complete the entry form. If you’d like to pay by invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
There is no entry fee for the Sir Jack Newman Award – Outstanding Industry Leader. This award is by nomination only which must be submitted via email.
Terms and Conditions
All entries and submissions are subject to the New Zealand Tourism Awards terms and conditions.
Complete the online submission form by midday 11 July 2016.
- The online submission form includes questions relating to the award criteria, as well as names and contact details for referee checks. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected as a finalist.
- The judging process will start after 11 July 2016.
- When judging is completed, you will be contacted by the TIA Events Team to let you know the outcome of your entry.
- If you are selected as a finalist, your referees will be contacted by a member of the judging panel.
- You will be encouraged to make a short video to be played at the Awards Dinner in Auckland on 29 September.
Please ensure that you leave sufficient time to complete your submission so that it best represents your ability and achievements, giving you the greatest chance of success!
Click here to download the Submission Portal Instructions
Please ensure you closely read the relevant Entry Criteria and Submission Guidelines before you begin filling in your submission form.
- Strict word counts apply, and these are laid out in the submission guidelines.
- Submissions will only be accepted using the online submission form.
- The online submission form can be amended up to the 11 July 2016 deadline.
Where relevant, evidence should be provided to show how you are operating your business within the context of the Tourism 2025 growth framework. Examples are available on the Tourism 2025 website.
Submissions for all awards are due by midday 11 July 2016.
“If you are passionate, have a vision and drive you should enter The New Zealand Tourism Awards. Look back and share your incredible journey – the ups, the downs, your persistence and joy of achieving amazing results, not just for yourself but also for your wider community. Stand up, be brave to show off and get your deserved recognition”.
Jeroen Jongejans – Director, Dive Tutukaka
Winner of the 2015 Tourism Industry Champion Award
8 JULY 2016
Step One - Entries Close*
Complete your entry
form by this date
11 JULY 2016
Step Two- Submissions Close
Complete your submission form
29 SEPTEMBER 2016
NZ Tourism Awards Dinner
The Langham Hotel, Auckland
*Please note you must enter the awards by 8 July. At this stage you will select the awards you wish to enter and make payment. Late entries will not accepted.