About the Awards
The new-look Tourism Industry Awards, introduced in 2015, celebrates individual and business success across our dynamic $30 billion industry. They provide a benchmark of excellence and inspiration to other tourism businesses.
Brought to you by Tourism Industry Aotearoa in association with key industry partners, the Awards provide individuals and organisations the opportunity to be involved in a robust process that helps raise the profile of your operation, enhance staff morale and gain recognition for your achievements from your industry peers.
The Awards include three individual awards for the outstanding performers in our industry across the generations, plus organisations awards that recognise industry alignment and businesses that are enabling the industry to reach the Tourism 2025 aspirational goal of $41 billion total tourism revenue in 2025.
Take a look at what happens at the Awards.
New Zealand Tourism Awards 2015
“Entering the New Zealand Tourism Awards is a valuable experience, I found just the process of entering provided, the perfect opportunity for a comprehensive assessment of our business strategies, challenges, activities and results. I highly recommend that businesses take the time to enter the awards, as an industry we must continue to innovate, find opportunities and deliver exceptional quality experiences to our visitors. The New Zealand Tourism Awards is all about raising the bar and celebrating success “.
Bruce Thomasen – General Manager, Skyline Rotorua
2015 Air New Zealand Supreme Tourism Award Winner
The New Zealand Tourism Awards are open to both members and non-members of TIA. The Awards attract a wide range of entries from a variety of sectors. Past winners have included SMEs and large corporations. The one thing they all have in common is that they are industry leaders, and they have proved that by winning a New Zealand Tourism Award.
“it is a great way to reflect on the work you do and there is a chance to challenge if you are really doing enough everyday to strive for continuous and innovative solutions “.
Trent Yeo, Ziptrek Ecotours
Winner 2015 Environmental Tourism Award
There are numerous benefits from entering yourself an individual or business award. Here are just some of the reasons why you should enter:
- Winning an award or being named a finalist can have significant impact on raising the profile of you and your organisation. It promotes the great work you are doing and generates media coverage.
- Despite that fact that there can only be one winner, everyone benefits. The application and judging process allows you and your organisation to gain a fresh perspective and insight of your business and leadership style to help refine your strategy.
- It allows you to benchmark your business against other high achievers as well as winning recognition for your achievements from your industry peers.
- The Awards allow you to add a new dimension to your marketing efforts and make the most of extensive media coverage.
- New Zealand Tourism Award winners are frequently invited to speak at conferences, seminars and business events. This in turn raises your organisation’s profile. This can help attract top talent and capital investment and boost team morale.
- And if all of that wasn’t enough, there is a large array of prizes up for grabs. The Air New Zealand Supreme Tourism Award winner will receive international air travel to any Air New Zealand destination valued at $10,000 (+GST) to help them grow their tourism business.
Entries Open – 14 June 2016
Enter now! It is an easy, straightforward and simple process to enter the New Zealand Tourism Awards. Read more on the How to Enter page.
Entries Close – 1 July 2016
At this stage you will need to have selected the Awards you wish to enter and completed payment. This date is critical for you to be eligible to submit any award submission. We do not accept late entries.
Submissions Close – 11 July 2016
You have until midday on 11 July to complete your submission. Judging begins after this date.
Finalists Announced – August 2016
Finalists are announced for each award.
Awards Dinner – 29 September 2016
The New Zealand Tourism Awards programme culminates in the prestigious black tie Awards Dinner. Finalists will be recognised, winners announced and the recipient of the coveted Air New Zealand Supreme Tourism Award revealed. The Awards Dinner will be at the The Langham Hotel, Auckland.
Tourism Industry Aotearoa would like to thank the following key partners for their support of the New Zealand Tourism Awards 2016.